My sister and I made these Orange Cuppies with Cream Cheese frosting lastnight. Whaddya think?
Orange Cake Recipe: (adapted from a Bon Appetite recipe, June 2001)
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- zest of one orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
Basic Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 1/4 cups powdered sugar
Cream all ingredients together with an electric mixer, incorporating as much air as possible. You want this frosting to be super light and fluffy!